12/02/2023

The Final Curtain.

 December 2nd,
Madison Square Garden,
New York City.
The final KISS Show.

I probably got into KISS back in 1980 I think I saw a pic
of them 1st and wondered what is this?
Anyway I got given the two Alive albums 
(on copied tapes) and there was no looking back.
I didn't know who was who back then.
As in who's singing who's playing what etc.
I also remember at that time I also had
Let There Be Rock & Force It (also on copied tapes).
To this day they are still my favourite AC/DC 
and UFO albums.Guess it's what you hear and when you
hear it that sticks with you.
So...back to KISS,they've been a huge part of my life.
Of course bands let you down sometimes and make you
pull your hair out.
But overall it's been a very enjoyable journey.
They're leaving us with a fine discography and 
pretty diverse for a Hard Rock band.
It's good to see them finish on top even if
it's pretty much as a legacy band.
So thanks for the entertainment and 
the many good times.
Over the next few days I'm sure I'll
be pulling out a few of their albums and 
reliving some of those memories.

To mark the end here's a cool four cd compilation
that somebody put together many years ago.
Sound varies but overall a very enjoyable listen.
Links at the bottom of the page.
Let's ROCK!!




8 comments:

  1. Kiss was my second real concert - Rock N Roll Over had just been released and they were still touring with the Destroyer stage set. Just an amazing night. Thanks for sharing these sets - they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart sank for a few seconds when I read "The Final Curtain". At first, my mind thought the site was going away again as 2 other sites I frequent have vanished without a trace this past year. I was fortunate to have floor seats for the Destroyer tour back in '76 even though it meant returning back to school as the show was Labor Day Weekend. My first arena show, 1st show being SWEET in a smaller theater. Since then I have seen KISS over a dozen times and they always put on a great show and just made everyone happy. All things have to come to an end and we know this band have hinted at the end for the past decades, it hasn't truly settled that they are really done. I still have my ticket stubs and the memories that come with each of those. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys.Love hearing those memories
    of your KISS shows back in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thats what I throught too,because theres been long breaks and silence between new d/loads I feared something was up too,I hope everything is ok and long live hear rock city,the best music site on the web ever .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about The Final Curtain giving some of you heart attacks.
    As many of you have probably noticed Rocket hasn't been around for a while.
    Plus I can't really be bothered posting multiple shows every day.
    But HRC will continue.That's all I can say for now.
    Again a big shout out to UFOSteve & Eddie for providing us
    with shows.Eddie has sent in more of his exclusive shows for us at HRC
    and I'll slowly get them posted.As London's most prolific GIG GOER
    there's some cool stuff there.
    So to recap...we continue Rockin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. muchas gracias por subir el box set abrazo grande

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rare live Kiss is always great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete