5/14/2023

Down,Down, You Bring Me Down...


 First time appearance of this band at HRC.
The Stone Roses,probably the best band to come 
out of that Manchester,England indie Rock scene.
Massively influential.
And a band I had no time for back in the day,
as I've said before I was all Metal.
Now I appreciate the musicianship here.
When they were on they had a massive groove.
Their debut album is regarded as one of the 
best albums by a UK band...ever.
Record company troubles and 
personality clashes meant their full
potential was never realised.
A fine audience recording here from Japan
back in '89.
And of course they finish with the 
indie Freebird ,the classic, I Am the Resurrection!

or





  

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant band,like yourself i didn't pay much attention to them back in the day but over the years they have become essential listening and in john squire they have an amazing guitarist who's work on their 'second coming' album is stunning...nice one...ed

    ReplyDelete