11/17/2023

And Watch The Band Kick Back And Play...

 

Now the word legend gets thrown around too easily 
these days but I think in this case it can be fully justified,
with an amazing career he is still 
treading the boards and with tonight's 
packed out crowd he will be around for a few years yet...
having never seen him before I was quite 
shocked just to how good his voice is and me 
being Mr. Sceptical I was on the lookout for any 
trickery coming from the mixing desk.
But no,he was truly singing live and it was such a joy to witness.
Not my favorite era of Deep Purple 
but performance wise tonight was off the scale 
and lastly at 72 years old after years of 
well documented drug & alcohol 
abuse he can still sing and look that good...
amazing... jeez pass me a whiskey and the crack pipe...
enjoy,Ed.

or




5 comments:

  1. Thanks Eddie
    I was at bexill on THE 13th October on this tour and everything you say is 100% right
    simpley amazing performance AND as Glen would say
    CAN YOU FEEL IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ufosteve a great night,my only concern for him as he said during the show that he wants to come back and tour with his solo stuff BUT will people want to see that??? i hope so... ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ed you may be right I saw him in 2011 in Brighton in front of a crowd of no more than 150 people or less
      He still put on a great show and probably half the set list were purple tracks
      So who knows
      There is a black country communion album due march next year so maybe they might tour as well
      Chears steve


      Delete
  3. A tight band, a great performance. Thanks a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly great performance - I really enjoyed listening to the music, extended workouts, and Glenn's anecdotes - Thank You!

    ReplyDelete