3/21/2024

Waiting For The Warning Sound...


 This one was a bit hissy and annoying so 
I had a go at reducing some of that noise.
And... to me it's a much better listen.
UFO from 1981 on the Wild,The Willing & 
The Innocent tour.Sounding great here and Phil's in 
a good mood until somebody swipes his belt!
Dunno if it's the complete show I've read a slightly
different running order and one that included
Love To Love.
Anyway it sounds like a soundboard to me,
enjoy.
If UFOSteve has any more info let's have it buddy.

I know there haven't been many uploads lately
I've been busy and also lazy with other stuff!
Eddie has also sent in more of his recordings.
Plenty of good sounds coming,Keep Rockin'!!

or



4 comments:

  1. Ht smoker I'm pretty certain this is the full show 14 tracks long
    looking at other shows on this uk tour it appears they played love to love or shoot shoot
    Strange to leave out love to love bur in 82 they left outt Rock bottom or Doctor doctor at some shows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love To Love was played between Only You Can Rock Me and Mystery Train at the start of the UK tour, but seems to have been replaced by Makin' Moves for the end of the tour, with Shoot Shoot added as a final encore. Yes, this seems to be a soundboard with the complete show.
    The Official Bootleg Box Set disc for Hammersmith Odeon 1981 has both numbers played after Only You Can Rock Me, (although I sometimes doubt the veracity of some UFO official and semi-official archive releases - the expanded Headstone live album is the worst offender, but sadly there are many other instances in the UFO catalogue).
    Maybe UFO Steve has an audience tape of the Hammersmith show to help us out, the venue had great acoustics and was a taper's paradise with cassettes usually available in Camden Lock Market the Saturday after a show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous you make some very good points there
      unfortunately I don't have Hammersmith 81
      It's strange as there are audience versions of 1980 ,82 and two for 83
      they played two nights there in 81 I'm sure there must be some recordings around somewhere
      and hopefully a full official recording of the show in the vaults along with 4 or 5 shows recorded on the 83 tour
      I don't hold out much hope of them ever been released but I suppose you never know

      Delete