5/24/2024

Get Too Much You Get Too High...

 

Gig #101 of the year for me tonight..jeez that's something I have not done since the 80's and I will NOT be doing again as it's getting harder on my old bones ha ha...it's been fantastic and I've been fortunate to see some great bands old & new WITH only 2 walkouts (SUGERHILL GANG...the old hip hop fan in me felt let down..."put your hands in the air and scream"...every 5 mins...jeez just play the complete song FFS...and THE SOAP GIRLS who were just awful...(if you're gonna play on the live circuit at least learn to play your instruments and not rely on good looks.) ANYWAY what a great way to end the year I just love SWEET and as I said on last years post they are heavier live than on record,as you would expect all the hits are here with a couple of new songs...great stuff...enjoy,Ed.

or






4 comments:

  1. All thanks to Eddie I assume for this marvelous concert.
    First, new songs by the Sweet. Hell yeah. But nowhere to be found in the shops. What a shame.
    Second, who's Saari Schorr. Quick check on the internet. No CD's available in France. Whatever, great versions of Black Betty, I just want to make love to you and Ready for Love.
    Thanks for all these discoveries. Had a great day of music.
    Greetings from Paris,

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey derek glad you enjoyed the show i think they have a new album coming out this year at some point...sari schorr is excellent i will be sending through soon her headline gig in london a few weeks ago and she does a brilliant version of black betty...keep rockin' ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listened to her unavailable Live in Europe CD and it's quite amazing. Thanx to you for this discovery.

      Delete