4/16/2023

Local Chief's On The Radio...


 

I really wanted to enjoy this they have all the ingredients 
required including excellent musicians 
(Jimmy Waldo from the amazing
 NEW ENGLAND my favourite pomp rockers from the 70's/80's)
 a great singer and an incredible guitarist 
BUT aside from the covers their own songs just 
left me cold and I don't know why.Mr Stump on guitar did all the 
Malmsteen-Blackmore moves that are 
required and Dougie White has a great vocal range 
but as the set came to a close I was MEH...next.
Enjoy,Ed.

or





2 comments:

  1. They always forget Island in the Sun. That's the song that got me interested in Alcatrazz. It was a big hit that doesn't show up in their set lists much. Stump can play like Malmsteen, so he can play it, but maybe Dougie doesn't want to sing it. Vai didn't play it either when he toured with Alcatrazz but he also didn't seem happy being in that band. Maybe Island in the Sun is too cheesy for today's crowds, but I think any Alcatrazz fan would be happy to hear it at an Alcatrazz show. Thanks for the post, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like malmsteen,rainbow,so I will give this a fair hearing,dougie white is a good singer,he was with rainbow and michael schenker.

    ReplyDelete