11/30/2022

What's In a Name?...

 


John Mellencamp Live from 1979...
(Long Before He'd Get To Use That Name...)

An Early Recording of Him and His Band Live...

From My Father's Place...

It's a Great WLIR FM Radio Broadcast...


This Is When He Started To Get His Music Career
In Gear...

After Bein' Mis-Led (Let's Say) by Bowie's
Former Manager, Tony Defries...
(That's Where The "Cougar" Name Comes From...)


A Really Good Show, This One...

Thanks To That "Crazy" Fellow That Asked
For This One...

I'm Sure Others Will Enjoy It as well...


Enjoy and Play It LOUD!

3 comments:

  1. looks great, i cant wait to sink my teeth into this one! always love the early radio broadcasts as they usually sound good and the artists can cut loose a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the "John Cougar" record, just listened to the whole thing a few months back, so good to hear some of these songs live. I remember seeing a video for a song on here (not I need a lover, great intro BTW) wear John was onstage wearing a Jawas costume from Star Wars. I thought that rather odd. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this is cool, at the same time Pat Benatar was on tour and hit the same bars. She mentioned using Johns I Need a Lover song. Image From bottom line 1979 https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8lK29pgjG1GsMXP0lbyDEdj17Yr-H9WPpYc8i1d-79aJhdeTV

    ReplyDelete