3/04/2023

Ted Rocks Rupp...

 


Ted Nugent on the Weekend Warriors Tour...

Live in Lexington, KY in 1978...

At Rupp Arena...

Where I've Been to Basketball Games, Concerts,
And Even the Circus!

I Wasn't at This Show...

***********************************

But, I Was at One Concert There
Where I Felt Sorry For The Headliner!

I Know They Schedule These Shows Way In Advance...

So, Who Knew!?!

The Show Was Billy Squier in April 1983...


Me and the Misses Went 'Cause of Him and
The Openin' Act: Def Leppard!

Photograph Was Released at the End of February...

And Was ALL Over MTV and the Radio!

So, Lots of Folks Went to See Def Lep...

And Then Left!

It Wasn't Billy's Fault...

Just One of Those Bad Luck Kinda Things!

************************************


Anyway, It's Ted Rockin' Rupp!

It's a Soundboard!

No Surprises Here!

YOU Know What Yer Gonna Get!

And YOU Know What to DO!


Enjoy and Play It LOUD!

10 comments:

  1. Yep that's what happens! Same thing happened to me when I saw Ratt open up for Billy Squier at Rupp Arena in 1984 and then in 1985 when I saw Bon Jovi OPEN for Ratt at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFx1TkVOQE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Probably Happens More Than We Know...
    Cool Video, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video isn't available anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh! That's Odd...I Can See It...
      Try Searchin': Billy Squier and Ratt Play Rupp Arena on September 4th, 1984

      Delete
  5. I didnt think this was from a video,I thought it was one of those radio broadcasts,I have another show from lexington its from 1995 i think its called kentucky fried derby or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much, Rocket! Superb live show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came in here to say the same thing about Ratt doing it to Billy the following year, but you all beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only saw one concert at Rupp, REM on the Green tour. However I'd drive down to Lexington from Louisviile about once a month to go to record shows or to Cut Corner Records to see what new bootlegs were in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut Corner Records Was Great...
      I Went There Some, When We'd Go to Lex for DR Appt, Etc.
      It was just a Few Blocks Over from Rupp?

      Delete