10/24/2020

Are You Ready, Steve?


Just In Case You Missed This One

As a teenager in the 70's, Sweet were a part of the soundtrack to my life!

This concert was recorded for the German TV show Musikladen back in 1974.

It's only 9 songs and runs about 40 minutes...
But it's Raw & Rockin'

But, IF you're as old as me, then it'll take you back and make you remember WHY you liked Sweet in the first place!


Couldn't find any artwork for those that still make CDs, if there are any anymore? 
So, I made this fairly quickly for me to burn a CD to listen to and keep in my collection... 
What you do with it is up to you...


7 comments:

  1. Must have said it before somewhere else but indeed the sound quality is very nice on this one. And never enough of the Sweet. If alone on an island, I would take the full discography of Sweet which I bought in vinyl, cd, remaster cd, cd with bonus, and much more... I know, it's a bit silly but I like it.

    Derek from Paris,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with the differences in the U.S. Versions and the U.K. Versions, I've got many editions as well...That Newest Box Set out, I spent a Whole Weekend just Listenin' & Readin' some months back! Like I was on My Own Little Island...So, I Know what You mean!

      Delete
  2. These guys are forever linked in my mind with suddenly realizing girls were pretty interesting and cringey attempts to interact with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, simon, can I Relate with that Statement!
      I have a few stories I could tell...

      Delete
  3. Back in the 70's a mate of mine played the B-side to one of their pop singles to me and asked me to guess who it was. After many guesses at the usual heavy 'street-cred' bands, I was stumped. When he told me it was the Sweet, I was gobsmacked. Didn't believe him until he showed me the disc itself. Since then I've had a lot of respect for them, whilst also collecting a few of their later stuff, so am looking forward to this one. Cheers DD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh How I Loved Their B-Sides! I Still Remember hearin' Burn On The Flame for the First Time!
    Their Record Co. Wanted Sweet to be a Pop Hit Single Band and They Just Wanted to ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!!!
    Thank you for the heroes of my youth!!!!!!!!
    Greetings
    Frank

    ReplyDelete