10/28/2020

BABY(S), You Can Drive My Car...

 


Here's an Excellent King Biscuit Flower Hour Radio Broadcast from John Waite's 1st Solo Tour for the Ignition album!

It includes songs from that first record, Plus a Couple of The Babys songs and 2 Beatles Covers...

I Love the song Change from that record! 

Now, I Know Everyone says it's Patty Smyth of the band Scandal (Remember the song The Warrior?) singin' on the Studio Version, But the First Time I Heard It - I Heard Pat Benatar! 

John & Pat were both on Chrysalis Records at the time and Neil Giraldo Produced Ignition and Played Some Guitar on It... 

So, You Do The Math!


Anyway, This Is a Great Concert Performance!

Enjoy and Play It LOUD!

4 comments:

  1. Like The Babys. Like John Waite. Like Ignition. No brainer. Thanks Rocket. DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. DD, I Like Your Way of Thinkin'...
    The Babys were sorta misunderstood where I grew up...None of My Friends liked them!
    I guess 'cause they were on the Girls Music Mags like 16, Tiger Beat and such, and You Only Ever Heard the Singles on the Radio, while the Other songs on Their Records Rocked!
    Tony Brock is one of My All Time Favorite Drummers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the 80's this band had 3 slots in my tape case. Union Jacks, Head First and On the Edge Killer. And than Bad English was formed. Good times.

    ReplyDelete