10/30/2020

I'm Gonna Live on a Mountain, Way Down Under in Australia...

 


Here's One You Might or Might Not Have...

IF You Have It - Great! 
IF You Don't - Get It!

Originally This Audio came from a VHS Concert (And Kiddies, VHS were big tapes You put in a machine... Kinda like a DVR... Well, It was How We Streamed a Concert Back in the 80's... Or kinda like "our" On Demand!) and then it was on DVD, I believe...

Anyhow, VHS & DVD Involved a Step or Two Most Don't Have to Do These Days: A$$ Off Couch was one.. 

Pretty Soon We'll Not Be Able to Own Any Music!

The CD is practically Gone, as is the DVD, and Blu-Ray will go away as well...
The Media Companies Don't Want You to Own Any Media, But Rather have You Rent it and Pay a Payment Every Month...
(What Happens to All Those Songs someone has Purchased - IF, They Stop having an Account with a Company!?!)
That's the current model most Companies are tryin' to get to:
A Payment for Everyone Every Month! 

This Concert Audio is Great and the Performance - Well, I've seen 'Em Twice, About 30 Years in between times and Well, They give it Their All - Every Night they Step Foot On Stage!  
It's Loud and Noisy and Wonderful!

Curiously, there was One Song that Didn't Go with the Rest of This Show. I believe it was Never Had A Lot To Lose. For Some unknown reason (To Me Anyway?) It sounded like a really Bad Audience Recording... So It's Not Here, But You Won't Miss It!

This was Recorded in Sydney, Australia at a small club called Selina's Coogee Hotel there (or That's How It's referred If You Search for it on the 'Net...) So, Not Being From the Land Down Under - The Info I had was Selena's...

This was During a Resurgence for the Music of Cheap Trick and was their most Successful as well! And This was the Year (1988) when they had Two Top Ten Hits! Don't Be Cruel went to #4 and The Flame was Their Only #1 Hit EVER! in the U.S. (IWYTWM! Only reached #7 in The States, Although It was #1 in Many Other Countries like Japan and The Netherlands!) 

So, To Sum Up...
The More Things Change, The More They Stay the Same!
Cheap Trick Is Still a Great Band!
This Is An Excellent Concert, But to Get It, It Might Just Require The Step I Mentioned Earlier (But, Maybe Not?)...

15 comments:

  1. How many times did they play I want you to want me ?
    How many times did I listen to that song and still found it an exciting piece of music.
    Tonight I'll listen again to it, with a version from Down Under, burned on vinyl replica CD.
    Thanks Rocket !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, The Charts are kinda funny anyway...
      Take Chuck Berry - Think of all the songs People Know and Bands Cover - His ONLY #1 Hit:
      My Ding-A-Ling!

      Delete
  2. Nice one indeed ! Just burned, listened to and tonight will be sleeping with fellow Cheap Trick bootlegs, or maybe the day after a second listening at heavy volume while I'm repainting my garage under parisian lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we could Help durin' These Difficult Times, Derek!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the depressing history lesson and thank you for more CT!! I still buy CDs and vinyl from my favorite bands, especially Beatles and solo, but it's mainly online shopping these days. Closest actual record store is over an hour away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Paul, That's just what I see Happenin' - But I'm Wrong All The Time...Just Ask My Wife!

      Delete
    2. No apology needed; just being sarcastic. I see the same things. Spent 23 years sharing my love of music with my daughter and her collection consists of Spotify playlists. Oh well...

      Delete
    3. I Hear That!
      Spent 25 Years...And Same Result!

      Delete
  4. ASS OFF COUCH...Recorded tons of Grateful Dead from FM Tuner to HIFI VCR--then to Cassettes

    ReplyDelete