10/26/2020

In Times Square Now, People Do The Polka...

 

I was goin' through some music in storage out in the Barn and I ran across a folder that said Blue Öyster Cult - New York 1973. I opened it up and looked in the INFO file and it said Academy of Music, December 31st, 1973...Hmmm?
 
THE Infamous Academy Show?

The one were KISS opened and Gene $immons caught his hair on fire...
The one Iggy played as well?
I Didn't Know It was Recorded?
I Didn't Know I Even Had It?
I Had Never Listened to It!

It said Soundboard Recording! Really? 
(Since there's Only 7 songs, It can't be the Complete Show). 
And Which Show Is It?
(draftervoi - Whadda Ya Know?)

Notice there was TWO shows that Night! One at 8pm, the other at 11:30...
So, Again - I Don't Know Which show This comes from But It Does Sound Pretty Good for 1973...It's possible It's an Audience Recording, But I Don't think so!

Don't expect Hi-Def 5.1 Surround Sound Quality, But It's Clear with a Good Balance Between the Highs and Lows (Not Too Much of Either!). The Vocals and Instruments come through just fine.

And The Cult's Performance is Awesome! 
Albert sings Dominance & Submission, I Believe (It's Not Eric, for sure!) and Drums up a Storm throughout!  ME-262 has a Surprise in the Middle of It - Clockin' In at about 11 minutes total... Born To Be Wild is Hard Rock at its Finest!

Even though it's Not the Complete Show - That's OK! It's still worth a Listen!
I guess I'm a Glass Half-Full Kinda Guy, 'Cause I'm Happy I got to Hear it at All!

Give it a Listen and See what You Hear! 


Enjoy and Play It LOUD!

(NEW LINK: 3/5/21)

https://krakenfiles.com/view/741139e5ab/file.html

7 comments:

  1. This is historic B.O.C. indeed, thanks!
    You like their new album Rocket? I think it's very good, but Richie's vocals, on three songs I think, don't appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like it, Am Still Listenin' to it...
      But Same as You - 3 songs?
      1 song OK...But I'm too used to Eric & Buck, I guess!

      Delete
  2. I don't know the answer to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I put You on the Spot...
      I am Still in Awe of Your Musical Knowledge!

      Delete
  3. Never run into this one before! BOC were monsters in those days - kind of still are, in a more sophisticated way. I like the new album, and I just pretend he's singing the songs Allen would have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a Good Way of Lookin' at it, simon...
      Thanks for That Idea!

      Delete